Monday, February 15, 2010

Comments on McAfee Products

Post your comments on McAfee products here.

Okay, the product problem which precipitated my sojourn into McAfee supportland was that, for the entire year and a half I've had the product, pretty much every day, sometimes two, three, and four times a day, I'd get a pop-up telling me that my computer was not fully protected. If I didn't happen to be sitting in front of the computer ready to pounce on any pop-ups, the state of notfullyprotecteddom had been in effect for some time. Well, HELLO!?!?! Isn't it the purpose of an anti-virus protection program to fully protect my computer? Besides that, it always takes some time to fix the problem, which lasts until the next time it's unfixed again. I'm sorry, but anti-virus software which sells at a premium price should work better than that. You don't even want to get me started on how my computer is almost completely frozen every time McAfee is updating itself.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I am pissed off with McAfee.

    First incident was an incompatibilty with an Microsoft update - I still have to manually suppress this update otherwise I loose internet connection. I am a software engineer of 20 years experince - I cant say who dropped the ball McAfee or MS but I can say that McAfee initially admited there was a problem but later the online references disapeared - BUT the problem did not.

    Second general complaint - site advisor tells me that around 20% of the corporate ( well respected global companises ) I visit are unsafe - I have even been warned of pages on Google.dk !!!!!! I could write
    a site advisor of similar accuraccy, it would involve a random number generator set to say "Whaoo do you really want to go there" 20% of the time - just flip a dice would work as well. Also warned of dba - Denmarks biggest and best respected second hand sales site owned by ebay.

    3. Recent adobe flash update included a bundled package
    that includes McAfee security plus - this annoying bit of software just pops up every so often and says you lack protection and suggest you visit the McAfee website to purchase the recommended product. Irony is this dumb bit of software doesnt even recognise that I already have McAfee installed. If a software supplier cannot even detect their own products on your machine do you really think they will detect viruses or malware reliably.

    McAfee suck in my opinion - I am a professional software developer and I would be sacked where I work if I output work of this quality.

    AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!!!!!! Life is too short to get this stressed with a crap dumb badly written bit of shit software like this.

    ReplyDelete