Monday, February 15, 2010

McAfee's Censorship

I created this blog because I wasn't allowed to express my opinion on McAfee's Community Forum. There is a section titled "Consumer Service and Support Feedback." Gee whiz, seemed to me like a good place to tell McAfee that I'd spent three days getting run arounds and platitudes, and that their service and support sucks. Well, wasn't any time at all before a big bully moderator charged in, personally attacking both me and the one other member who had expressed a similar opinion. "The customer is always wrong!" Jerk was sending me "I'll fix you" personal messages. I had to change my email address to a non-existent one to stop his abusive messages. Not submitting to his control ("Go ahead, make my day. Reply to this and your banned."), it didn't take but a few more exchanges before he'd abused his power and I'd been banned from the forum forever. Oh, woe is me, how will I survive? Well, I've always believed that you don't have any business complaining about someone behind their backs if you haven't first made a sincere effort to talk to someone who can do something about it. I made a sincere effort. No one was listening. Criticism of McAfee is not tolerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment